Favorite Video Game Music?

Retired

It's a tough decision, but I gotta go with the theme for Donkey Kong Country. There's just something about it. That and Banjo Kazooie of course.

I would have to say Morrowind / Oblivion / Skyrim. Reason I prefer the epic orchestra music. I feel that when I'm playing a game that has that specific music in it. Everything I do is just that much greater. It's like it takes the original game and intensify's it by ten fold.

• 2 weeks later...

Holy fariekin crap, impossible question. I mean theirs halo, call of duty, legends of zelda, pokemon, gears of war, skyrim, metal gear solid, trust me, I have played them all and there are so many more there is no certain song

Halo 3 and prior will forever be some of my all-time favorite game music. But Call of Duty Ghosts and some other games are slowly climbing up there. The Call of Duty Zombies songs also sit high on the list, but lower than Halo. :P

Awards

I have to say that SKYRIM wins by far on pretty much every games... Just the intro song is amazing. DOHVAKIN!

Awards

• Admin Guy

This piece is from an older Resident Evil game. You know the current ones for their action and some horrifying sequences, but if you look into the older games. They have you going through tight environments, narrow corridors, and some other things that make you feel constricted, even uncomfortable with where you were at. This instilled a sense of fear and horror that the series was known for early on. In the save rooms, you were in the safest spots in the game. The music below is rightfully named "Free From Fear" for that particular reason. 

The darkness of the music, combined with a sense of safety in the save room when it plays makes it a truly amazing song to hear when you have the chance. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEE4SVWUFuU

To be honest, I'm torn between Dark Souls, Nier, and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance as the games that have my favorite video game music pieces.

Dark Souls has these really bombastic songs that fit incredibly well with the boss battles you partake in, though there's the occasional slow song that strikes hard on how melancholic the game's atmosphere is, including the theme of Firelink Shrine, the final boss battle music, and the choir you hear while journeying through Ash Lake.

Nier, on the other hand, is a game full of more atmospheric pieces of music, though there's the occasional fast-paced piece that highlights a boss battle or a tense situation. The theme of the final boss, the are that precedes the final boss; I could go on and on about how the music fits so well into each little facet.

MGR: Revengeance, however, comes in with frenetic music, with electronic wobbles and frenzied guitars wailing away as you do battle against a boss or a group of enemies, even. The songs themselves are great, and really get you energized to kick the living crap out of whatever it is you're facing.

• 2 weeks later...

The video game music in FIFA 14 is the coolest music ever. It has lots of great songs and also is a pretty great game but anyone's FIFA 14 has great music and has many different songs that are good.

• December locked and unlocked this topic